|Click HERE to download a copy of my Academic Portfolio|
Unpaid Consultancy/Advisory services:
- Honorary Biochemist of the Medical panel of the PNG Sports Federation and Sports Commission Medicine & Fitness Monitoring program, Sept 2002 to date
- Laboratory Science adviser on PNG National Micronutrient Survey: Responsible for Laboratory issues and solutions during the First National Micronutrient Survey: February 2003 to date.
- Appointed External Evaluator in Drug Registration: National Department of Health (NDOH) Committee for the Evaluation of Drugs for Registration: October 2005 to date. Duties involved evaluation of scientific, clinical and toxicological data of drug applications for medicinal products. Providing expert advice to the Pharmacy Board of PNG with regard to drug evaluation and registration.
- Chairman, PNG Food Fortification Technical Committee, which is a sub-committee of the PNG Food Sanitation Council, NDOH: September 2007 to date.
- Member, PNG Food Fortification Inspection and Monitoring Committee: September 2007 to date Member, PNG National Technical Working Group (NTWG) NDOH, on the National Program to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis (LF). September 2007 to date.
- Provide regular consultations to technical staff in the National Agricultural Research Institute (NARI) Laboratory in Kila Kila, Port Moresby: 2006 to date.
External Examiner/ Reviewer:
- Member, Editorial Board, Biomedical Science Letters, (On-Line reviewer of scientific papers on Nutrition): 2001 to date
- Member, Editorial Board, West African Journal of Biological Sciences, (Reviewer of papers on Enzymology and Micronutrients): 2000 to date.
- External Reviewer for PNG Journal of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. September 2002 to date.
- Chairman, Post graduate examination committee for the degree of Master of Medical Sciences: 2006 to date
Voluntary education services:
- Presented series of lectures on: “Sports Nutrition” to Papua New Guinea National Olympic Committee Sports Medicine Course for Health Professionals with particular interest in Sports Medicine: Series of Workshops held at the Gateway Hotel, Port Moresby, PNG; June 2004; March 2006; February 2008.
- Conducted Iodised salt monitoring training sessions for Inspectors and Quarantine officers in National Agriculture Quarantine and Inspection Authority (NAQIA) PNG, August 2005, August 2006, August 2007, June 2008.
- Conduct regular seminars for technical staff in the National Agriculture Research Institute Laboratory in Kila Kila, Port Moresby PNG.
- Development of teaching materials for PNG Pharmaceutical Upgrade Project:
- Development and writing of course materials for Pharmaceutical Biology and Biochemistry
- Teaching Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry to Postgraduate Master of Medicine (M. Med) Part I Course.
- Review of Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry course materials of upgrading of the BMLS, B. Pham, B. Med Sciences, BOH and BDS programs.
- UPNG counter-part in collaboration with Curtin University of Technology Western Australia in the writing of the Workbooks for the Pharmaceutical Biology Biochemistry course for the Distance Education Program – Papua New Guinea Pharmaceutical Upgrade Project for the Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technical Services (by conversion of the Certificate in Pharmacy Practice).